| Powerful, high-quality, sophisticated access control systems at prices that are much less than others? How did Keri do it? |
Lets start with the world class hardware:
A RISC-based multiprocessor platform, resulting in the new PXL-500 Tiger II Controller, its companion SB-593 Expansion Board, and high performance, low cost proximity readers.
The PXL-500 Tiger Controller has all of the functionality needed to manage a single door, alarm output, and 2 reader ports. A second door can be added when used with SB-593 Satellite Expansion Board.
The SB-593 Satellite Expansion Board economically provides second door control plus extra general purpose inputs and outputs.
The PXL-500 Tiger II Controller Platform
The new PXL-500 Tiger II Controller platform has taken Keri's acclaimed proximity-based access control system to the next level. Strong enough to manage a 256 door network at a single site or 256 doors per site at multiple sites, yet tame enough to handle a single door, the PXL-500 continues Keri's tradition of flexibility and expandability.
UL/CSA CERTIFICATION: The PXL-500 is UL certified under UL-508 (Control Equipment)
- Locking Metal Enclosure that can also house KPS-4 Power Supply and battery
- Added RAM for increased cardholder capacity (up to 65K per controller)
- Alarm integration capability with GE Interlogix/Caddx NX-8E Alarm Panel
- On-board LAN socket for new low cost LAN-500
- Increased EEPROM memory to support future enhanced firmware capabilities
Installer Features and Enhancements
- Double row header pins to ensure SB-593 is properly seated on PXL
- Additional LED indicator to confirm SB is properly seated
- RS-232 connector changed from DB-9 to quick disconnect terminal block
- RS-485 continuity indicator LED
- RS-485 connector different size so as not to interconnect with power input
- LCD Display moved up so as not to hang below the PC Board
- More protection for RS-485 circuitry
- Added relay protection for arc suppression
- Optional RS-485 Opto-Isolator for additional lightning protection
Other Great Installation Features - Inherited from the PXL-250
- On-board diagnostic tests built into the controller firmware
- Diagnostic LEDs on the controller board to assist with troubleshooting communication and controller power issues
- Automatically senses communication method (direct connect to PC or via modem)
- Auto-Configures RS-485 grounding for optimum performance - NO JUMPER SETTINGS
- Quick disconnect terminals
- Software auto-configures system components, no data entry required
- Push-button setting and visual LED display of address selection - NO DIP SWITCHES