The Panasonic i-PRO SmartHD WV-SW396A Super Dynamic Weather-Resistant HD
Dome Network Camera is suitable for use in high-end applications such as
casinos, airports, transportation and correctional facilities, where
detailed imaging is of prime importance. The camera captures
high-quality footage with good sensitivity, thanks to its 1.3 MP double
speed MOS image sensor. Panasonic‘s UniPhier LSI chip allows this
network camera to simultaneous stream real-time imagery in H.264 and
JPEG formats at a full frame resolution of 1280 x 960 at 30 fps. With
the Super Dynamic and ABS (Adaptive Black Stretch) technology at its
core, this dome camera delivers 128x wider dynamic range compared to
conventional cameras. This increases the visibility of subjects in dark
areas. The camera also comes equipped with Panasonic’s Face Super
Dynamic technology that captures clear face images by precisely
detecting the position of a human face.
- 720p HD images up to 30 fps
- Newly developed 1.3 Megapixel double speed MOS Sensor
- Multiple H.264 (High profile) streams and JPEG streams
ensure simultaneous real time monitoring and high resolution
recording by "UniPhier®", Panasonic's proprietary System LSI
- Full frame (Up to 30 fps) transmission at 1,280 x 960 image
- 36x optical zoom with 12x digital zoom
enabling 432x zoom.
72x extra optical zoom at VGA resolution with 12x digital zoom
enabling 864x zoom.
- Super Dynamic and ABS (Adaptive Black
Stretch) technologies deliver 128x wider dynamic range compared
with conventional cameras.
- Face Super Dynamic technology ensures clear
- H.264 and MPEG-4 are selectable for system migration.
- High sensitivity with Day/Night function : 0.5 lx (Color),
0.06 lx (B/W) at F1.4 (Wide)
- Adaptive Digital Noise Reduction: 2D-DNR and 3D-DNR
integration ensures reduced noise and motion blur in various
- Superior color reproduction by primary (RGB) color filter
- Electronic sensitivity enhancement: Auto (Up to 16x) / OFF
- Selectable light control modes: Outdoor / Indoor / Fixed
electronic shutter Outdoor / Indoor: Electronic shutter and ALC
lens iris control are automatically controlled depending on the
mode and luminance level.
Fixed electronic shutter: Up to 1/10,000 fixed electronic
shutter can be selectable.
- 360 degrees endless Panning
- Advanced auto tracking: The camera automatically pans and
tilts to follow a moving subject and keep it in the center of
- PTZ control can be taken very smoothly on the user friendly
GUI with 16 speeds pan/tilt and new "Drag and Zoom" operation
enabling finer control. 256 speeds available for system with
WV-CU950 system controller.
- Up to 256 preset positions
- 360 map shot: 8 thumbnail images at 45 deg. intervals make
it simple to direct the camera easily by clicking on a
- Industrial grade Pan/Tilt/Zoom mechanism for high
- VMD (Video Motion Detection) with 4 programmable detection
areas, 15 steps sensitivity level and 10 steps detection size
- Privacy Zone can mask up to 8 private areas, such as house
windows and entrances/exits.
- Alarm sources including 3 terminal input, VMD and Panasonic
alarm command can trigger actions such as SDHC/SD memory
recording, FTP image transfer, E-mail notification, Indication
on browser, Alarm terminal output, and Panasonic protocol
- Full duplex bi-directional audio allows interactive
communication between camera site and monitoring site.
- JPEG image compression ratio can be changed by alarm so that
higher quality image can be provided.
- Prioritized stream control: One of the video streams can be
prioritized when multiple recorders or client PCs are accessing
the camera so that the recorder or the client PC can maintain
the frame rate.
- SDHC/SD Memory card slot for manual recording (H.264 /
JPEG), alarm recording (H.264 / JPEG) and backup upon network
- H.264/MPEG-4 max. bit rate/client and Total bit rate control
allows flexible network traffic management. Frame rate priority
mode controls bit rate and compression ratio to provide the
specified frame rate.
- Multi-language: English / Italian / French / German /
Spanish / Russian / Chinese / Japanese
- IPv4/IPv6 protocol supported
- Analog Monitor output for easier installation
- Supports SSL, DDNS (viewnetcam, RFC2136)
- Still images (JPEG) can be viewed on mobile phones via
- ONVIF compliant model
- IP66 rated water and dust resistant. Compatible with
IEC60529 measurement standard.
- Dehumidification device for use in various weather
- Built-in fan/heater/sun shield for temperature changes of
–50 °C ~ +55°C
(–58 °F ~ +131 °F) (24 V AC), –30 °C ~ +55 °C (–22 °F ~ 131 °F)
- Supports Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) IEEE 802.3at(Type2
compliant, Class 4 device)
* Does not support IEEE802.3af
- Rain wash coating dome cover