- Four-channel video server
- Multi-window video motion detection
- Advanced event management
- Support for PTZ and dome cameras
The AXIS 240Q Video Server provides easy integration with traditional analog systems, ensuring a smooth migration toward an IP solution. The AXIS 240Q digitizes analog video into crisp, real-time Motion JPEG video streams at a maximum frame rate of 6/5 frames per second on each channel independent of resolution. The AXIS 240Q can connect up to four analog cameras and transmit digital video from all four channels simultaneously via an Ethernet connection.
Flexibility and scalability
Combining your analog camera investments with a network video solution gives you a flexible and cost-effective solution with plenty of room for growth. With an open standard interface, the AXIS 240Q supports a large base of existing applications and integrate easily with new ones.
Advanced event handling
The AXIS 240Q offers advanced event handling with video motion detection, I/O control and alarm notification. Pan/tilt/zoom cameras may be connected to the unit’s serial port and are easily controlled from a user interface.
Advanced network security
A comprehensive set of security features, including multiple user access levels, HTTPS encryption, possibility to disable unused network services for example ftp, IEEE802.1X and IP address filtering, ensures secure video handling and configuration. In addition, the AXIS 240Q has support for Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network.
Support for PTZ and dome cameras
All Axis video encoders connect to analog pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras to allow for easy operation of these PTZ cameras across the IP network. Axis’ open policy ensures simple and fast integration with most analog PTZ cameras on the market by including software drivers for more than 25 different analog cameras, including products from American Dynamics, Bosch, Canon, Panasonic, Pelco, Philips, Samsung, Sensormatic and Sony.
- High quality Motion JPEG video at 6 (NTSC) or 5 (PAL) frames per second per channel
- Built-in motion detection and powerful event management
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications
For the complete specifications, please refer to the datasheet.