- Four-channel blade video server – one IP address for each analog camera
- Full frame rate in MPEG-4 or Motion JPEG on all channels
- Video motion detection and pre/post-alarm buffer
- Support for PTZ and dome cameras
The AXIS 243Q Blade Video Server enables high resolution, full frame rate video surveillance and remote monitoring in MPEG-4 or Motion JPEG on all four channels. The video server converts analog video into high quality, de-interlaced digital video, and can deliver the highest resolution, 4CIF, at 30/25 (NTSC/PAL) frames per second.
High-density video encoder rack solution
The AXIS 291 1U Video Server Rack is a 19” rack that can use any combination of up to 3 interchangeable and hot-swappable Axis blade video servers. The Axis video server rack solution migrates 4-12 analog cameras to IP-based, digital video streams using a single Ethernet port. The combination of AXIS 243Q Blades together with the AXIS 291 1U thus makes a higher density of video channels compared to a standalone solution.
Powerful event management
The AXIS 243Q Blade allows for powerful event management with multi-window motion detection, as well as inputs/outputs for connecting external relays and sensors for activating lights, locking/unlocking doors etc. Pre- and post-image alarm buffering secures images just before and after an alarm.
Advanced network security
A comprehensive set of security features, including multiple user access levels, HTTPS encryption, possibility to disable unused network services for example ftp, IEEE802.1X and IP address filtering, ensures secure video handling and configuration. In addition, the AXIS 243Q has support for Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network.
Support for PTZ and dome cameras
All Axis video encoders connect to analog pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras to allow for easy operation of these PTZ cameras across the IP network. Axis’ open policy ensures simple and fast integration with most analog PTZ cameras on the market by including software drivers for more than 25 different analog cameras, including products from American Dynamics, Bosch, Canon, Panasonic, Pelco, Philips, Samsung, Sensormatic and Sony.
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams in resolutions up to 704×576
- De-interlace filter which improves image quality in the highest resolution (4CIF)
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications
For the complete specifications, please refer to the datasheet.