The MT 5500 is one of the world’s most popular walk-though metal detectors because it provides maximum throughput with unparalleled multi-dimensional scanning. The MT 5500 meets the demanding needs of security professionals worldwide who trust its ability to maintain a high flow rate with minimal alarms.
- Indicates the side a metal target is located with precision and ease
- Uniform detection field eliminates “hot spots”
- Advanced microprocessor-driven technology incorporated in detection and control circuitry
- Enhanced sensitivity for more accurate weapons detection
- Durable and professional design for years of use
- Touchpads and backlit LCD screen offer clearer and easier use
- User-friendly programming for precise control of detection settings
- Computerized access codes ensure tamper-proof settings
Easy Assembly: Garrett’s MT 5500 is easily assembled with only 4 (four) pieces and 8 (eight) screws and simple to follow instructions.
Multi-Dimensional Scanning: The MT 5500 uses multi-dimensional scanning which ensures maximum throughput and uniform screening with a minimum of false alarms. Multiple coil circuitry with dual alarm lights inform operators on which side of the detector the target is located. With “hot spots” eliminated, the unit’s detection field is uniform throughout the archway and false alarms are significantly minimized.
Microprocessor Controlled: State of the art microprocessors ensure sensitivity and flexibility of programming with a maximum of 200 distinct sensitivity levels in each program.
Audible and Visual Alarms: Audible alarm with 3 distinct tones indicating target on the left, right or center of the archway; two LED bar graphs related to the red Alarm Lights that report detectable metal on either side of the unit or centered within it.
Detection Field: Unique coil design offers multidimensional detection field with total uniformity both horizontally and vertically. This design, plus a choice of three levels of ankle level boost, eliminates traditional hot spots and weak signals. Target detection is precise regardless of its location in the archway.
- Operating Temperatures -4°F (-20° C) to +158°F (70°C); Humidity to 95% non-condensing
- Power Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 5 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments required. Power supply meets UL, CSA, TUV and VDE standards
- Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards Meets IP 31, IEC Standard. “Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures,” CEI 529
- Tamper-Proof Dual-level access codes required to set or change all sensitivity settings and detection programs; one level for use by supervisors in selecting programs and sensitivity and the other for initial set-up and overall control; non-resettable sequence code logs all attempts to access the settings. Audible alarm reports any unauthorized attempt at access
- Construction Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate with resilient end caps; control panel and cross members of heavy duty aluminum.
- Control Outputs Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices.
- Synchronization Multiple channels permit several MT 5500s and other Garrett detectors to operate simultaneously in close proximity
- Interference Suppression 100% sensor coil Faraday shielding; RFI interference reduced with hardware; special Garrett built-in circuitry for noise suppression and ignoring x-ray monitors. Physical interference minimized by coil design and circuitry
- Alarms Ready light indicates unit is operational; alarm lights and audible alarms with variable tones are activated when the target amount of metal is detected; location of alarm lights on left and right side of display combined with variable tone indicates which side the of th person the target is located.
- Infrared Sensor Provides traffic counter, helps eliminate “false alarms and increases throughput
- Masking Programs designed to eliminate the problem of dissimilar targets canceling each other.
- Warranty Limited 24 months, parts and labor
Passageway Interior Overall Exterior Shipping Width 30″ (0.76 m) 35″ (0.9 m) 33.5″ (0.851 m) Height 80″ (2 m) 87″ (2.2 m) 91.5″ (2.324 m) Depth 23″ (0.57 m) 23″ (0.57 m) 6.25″ (0.159 m)