The PD 6500i is the world’s highest performing walk-through metal detector and leads the industry with superior pinpoint technology and unmatched discrimination and sensitivity features. Designed for maximum patron throughput without compromising safety, the PDi is the walk-through of choice for security professionals worldwide.
- Superior target detection with unmatched discrimination of harmless items such as coins, jewelry, keys, cigarette packs, etc.
- The ultimate in safety, throughput and reliability with preset programs to cover the most complete range of security applications including the new Enhanced Metal Detector (EMD) required for all U.S airport installations.
- Multi-dimensional coil design (33 distinct pinpoint zones) provides superior detection and location of guns, knives and other flat and rod-shaped weapons regardless of orientation.
- Circuitry with advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology locates even small, hard-to-find, floor level weapons.
- Individual zone boost adjustments allow for customization of detection characteristics and/or compensation for metallic environmental challenges.
- Durable, IP 55 weather-proof construction.
Easy Assembly: The PD 6500i‘s modular design allows for a quick and simple assembly of its 4 (four) sub-assemblies using only 8 (eight) screws and 3 (three) internal electrical connections.
33 Distinct Pinpoint Detection Zones: The PD 6500i offers exclusive multiple target pinpointing with 33 distinct zones for full target coverage on the left, center and right side of the body from head to toe.
Entry Pacing Lights: Smooth, efficient traffic flow with easy-to-view, eye-level pacing lights with international “wait” and “proceed” symbols on the entrance side of each panel.
Overhead Control Unit: LCD Display, alarm lights, LED bar graphs and control touch pads plus all wiring, connections and electronics are integrated into a single lockable overhead compartment which eliminates exposure of wires and external control box.
Multi-dimensional Coil Design: The PD 6500i‘s exclusive multi-dimensional coil design provides unmatched detection of potentially lethal metal items such as guns, knives and other flat and rod-shaped weapons regardless of location and orientation.
Audible and Visual Alarms: Audible alarm and Visual LED lights signal when a target has been detected.
- Operating Temperatures -4°F (-20°C) to + 158°F (70°C); Humidity: To 95% non-condensing
- Power Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 5 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments required. Power supply meets UL, CSA, TUV and VDE standards.
- Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards Meets IP 55, IEC Standard. “Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures,” IEC 529.
- Tamper-Proof All settings are secured with a key lock and two levels of access codes. Further security is accomplished with a cabinet lock which prevents unauthorized access to physical cables, connectors and electronics.
- Construction Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate. Detection Heads and Support: Heavy duty aluminum.
- Control Outputs Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices.
- Traffic Counter Counter tracks the number of patrons that have passed through the detector, the number of alarms and calculates alarm percentage.
- Synchronization Dual channels and DSP circuitry allow several PD 6500i’s to operate simultaneously in close proximity to one another.
- Interference Suppression Special Garrett DSP built-in circuitry eliminates effects from x-ray monitors and other potential electrical interference sources.
- Programs Sixteen (16) independent programs designed to meet all installation-specific requirements including the new Enhanced Metal Detector (EMD) requirements for U.S. airports.
- Alarms Audible tone and volume adjustable. Bright LED visual alarm.
- Target Pinpointing Lights Thirty-three (33) distinct zones are displayed with two (2) independent columns of LED’s located on exit side of PD 6500i.
- Pacing Lights International symbols
- Warranty Limited 24 months, parts and labor
Interior Overall Exterior Shipping Width 30″ (0.76 m) 35″ (0.9 m) 35.5″ (0.9 m) Height 80″ (2 m) 87″ (2.2 m) 92″ (2.3 m) Depth 23″ (0.58 m) 23″ (0.58 m) 6.5″ (0.17 m)