The highly rugged MS 3500 walk-through unit is designed for use in jails, prisons and other high security facilities and offers maximum metal detection performance with minimum maintenance. It is built to withstand outside weather conditions and rough handling while maintaining Garrett’s highest quality of metal detection.
- Built for maximum security applications with minimum maintenance
- Built with 3/32″ armor aluminum sheets, abuse resistant
- Assembled with tamper-proof screws
- Weatherproof for outdoor use
- Microprocessor-driven for greater sensitivity in weapons detection
- Uniform detection coverage from head to toe
- Three ankle-boost sensitivity levels
- User-friendly programming for precise control of detection settings
- Computerized access codes ensure tamper-proof settings
Overhead Control Unit: The one-piece assembly houses all the detection electronics, protecting them from weather and tampering. It is weatherproof and has a hinged door that locks with a key. Located on the front of the Overhead, the LED indicator is protected by a clear Plexiglas window, allowing high visibility of the READY LIGHT, ALARM LIGHT and BAR GRAPH LED.
Microprocessor Controlled: State of the art microprocessors ensure maximum sensitivity and flexibility to program the MS 3500 to fulfill various security applications.
Audible and Visual Alarms: An audible alarm and red LED bar graph indicates the detection of metal. The LED bar graph indicates the amplitude of the alarm signal.
Detection Field: Unique coil design offers multidimensional detection field and three levels of ankle boost sensitivity to ensure uniformity of screening in all security applications.
Rugged Design: Rugged, heavy-duty 3/32″ armor aluminum plates with resilient corner caps for protection against maximum physical abuse. Construction design provides unit with maximum installation stability as well as weather-proof operation.
- Operating Temperatures -4°F (-20° C) to +158°F (70°C); Humidity to 95% non-condensing
- Power Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC. Power supply meets UL, CSA, TUV and VDE standards
- Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards Meets IP 55, IEC Standard. “Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures,” IEC 60529
- Tamper-Proof All detection electronics can be secured behind a key-lock door in the Overhead Cap Assembly. Dual-level access codes require to or changes all sensitivity settings and detection programs; one level for use by supervisors in selecting programs and sensitivity and the other for initial set-up and overall control; non re-settable sequence code logs all changes made whenever sensitivity codes are accessed. Audible alarm reports any unauthorized attempt at access. All connectors are keyed to ensure proper connections.
- Construction Rugged, heavy-duty 3/32″ armor aluminum plates with resilient corner caps for protection against maximum physical abuse.
- Control Outputs Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices.
- Synchronization Multiple channels permit several MS 3500s and other Garrett detectors to operate simultaneously in close proximity
- Interference Suppression 100% sensor coil Faraday shielding; RFI interference reduced with hardware; special Garrett built-in circuitry for noise suppression and ignoring x-ray monitors. Physical interference minimized by coil design and circuitry
- Alarms Ready light indicates unit is operational; alarm lights and audible alarms are activated when the target amount of metal is detected.
- Masking Programs designed to eliminate the problem of dissimilar targets canceling each other.
- Warranty Limited 24 months, parts and labor
Interior Overall Exterior Control Panel
Width 30″ (0.76 m) 50″ (1.3 m) 26″ (0.66 m) 26″ (0.66m) Height 80″ (2 m) 89″ (2.3 m) 56″ (1.42 m) 95″ (2.41m) Depth 20″ (0.50 m) 20″ (0.50 m) 11″ (0.28 m) 11″ (0.28m)