AXIS 215 PTZ-E Network Camera is an outdoor-ready, day and night pan/tilt/zoom camera designed for easy and cost-efficient installation in demanding indoor and outdoor environments such as parking lots, train stations and business premises.
Demanding security surveillance
AXIS 215 PTZ-E provides IP66-rated protection against dust and water. The built-in heaters, fans and a removable sunshield ensure that the camera can be used in varying weather conditions and temperatures ranging from -20 °C to 40 °C (-4 °F to 104 °F).
The compact camera comes with a pre-mounted wall bracket, as well as Ethernet and power cables for quick installation. A standard 1.5″ NPT adapter is also included for other mounting possibilities; e.g., pendant-mounted on a ceiling.
AXIS 215 PTZ-E enables advanced, remote pan/tilt/zoom control over IP networks. It can pan 360°, thanks to the unique Auto-flip functionality that allows the camera to simulate a continuous pan beyond the mechanical stop, thereby enabling an operator to continuously follow an object.
The camera provides 12x optical and 4x digital zoom for detailed views of a zoomed-in area.
IR mode for nighttime conditions
AXIS 215 PTZ-E has automatic day and night functionality with a removable IR-cut filter, providing color video when there is sufficient light and high-quality black and white video in dark conditions.
The camera supports simultaneous MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG video streams for optimization of both image quality and bandwidth efficiency.
- High-resolution camera with 704×480 pixels NTSC, 704×576 PAL
- Simultaneous MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG
- Network security using multi-level password protection, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption and IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications