- Pan, tilt and zoom control over IP network
- 360 degree pan with Auto-flip
- 48x total zoom, 12x optical and 4x digital
- Day/Night function with removable IR filter
- Two-way audio, including audio detection alarm
- High-resolution camera with 704×576 pixels PAL, 704×480 NTSC
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4
- Network security using multi-level password protection, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption and IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications
AXIS 215 PTZ Network Camera is a day and night camera that offers pan/tilt/zoom control over IP networks. It has a compact, tamper-proof design providing protection against tampering as all moving parts are inside the casing.
Overview as well as detailed inspections
The camera is the perfect choice for indoor environments such as shops, receptions, banks and other facilities, where you need both an overview and the possibility to zoom in for detailed inspections. The total zoom capacity of 48x increases the monitoring options with the ability to show a detailed and precise view of the zoomed in area.
Traditional PTZ cameras have a mechanical stop that prevents the cameras’ circular movement making it impossible to follow a person walking in a full circle around the camera. Thanks to the Auto-flip functionality developed by Axis, AXIS 215 PTZ can instantly flip the camera head 180 degrees and continue to pan beyond its zero point. The camera can then continue to follow a passing person or object, regardless of the direction.
When a person passes below the camera, the image will be upside-down after 90 degrees tilt. With other PTZ camera models, the operator must rotate the image 180 degrees but with the E-flip functionality, AXIS 215 PTZ can automatically flip the image electronically 180 degrees, and continue to follow the person in the correct orientation, without delay.
For the complete specifications, please refer to the datasheet.
* The AXIS 215 PTZ is not designed for continuous PTZ movements e.g. Guard tour. For continuous movement, please see Axis network dome offering.